Saturday, May 29, 2010

Where should it go?

I found this great old sign recently at a thrift shop.  They had purchased it at an auction.  I believe it is the side of an old shipping crate.  I absolutely love old signs.  I always find that they are extremely hard to come by, so I was really excited when I came across this one.  I thought about putting it downstairs on a wall.  I have some large blank spaces that need to be filled.  My husband however, wasn't too fond of the idea.  It does look a bit primitive due to some of the splitting in the wood.  It will probably wind up in my craft studio instead. 






I am in the process of moving.  Oh, how I can't wait to own my very own home one day.  My dream is to have an older home with lots of character and beautiful wood floors.  For now, I will attempt to add as much character to my very new town home as I possibly can by adding some of my favorite vintage and antique finds. 

I found this little shelf at a great antique mall in Sacramento, CA.  I think it will wind up in the downstairs bath.  I will have to show you pics of it again after it is put up on the wall and filled with finds.




My husband and I found this pretty cabinet recently at a Flea Market.  I think it will be perfect for the bathroom for towels and such.





Here are some more recent finds.  Some of these are listed in my Etsy shop.


I love the look and texture of old feed/seed sacks.  I found quite a few on a recent antique excursion.  These may have a future as pillows.  



A neat little rusty red box



Pastry Roller $11.95  Sold



Pretty little transferware bowl.  $10.95



Vintage Shelf/Spice Rack $10.95



Old gauge with an awesome patina! $24.95



Vintage Frame & Vintage Picture $12.95




One small Yorkie having a REALLY bad hair day.  Priceless.  This is my baby Fiona. 
She is full grown but only weighs about 2 pounds.  So precious!


I will be announcing the winner for my giveaway this evening.  So excited to see who wins.  Happy Saturday!          
                                             Angie






1 comment:

  1. Sweet Angie. That last picture is truly priceless! It doesn't even look like a real dog! Ha! Well, my only advice about hanging your amazing sign is to listen to your gut. Your instincts will tell you if it's in the right or wrong place. Just listen to them.
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete