Sunday, May 2, 2010

Gingerbread Houses Among the Hills.

I recently got back from a needed vacation with my hubby.  One of the places we stopped off at was Eureka Springs, Arkansas.  It is chalk full of wonderful Victorian gingerbread houses.  The homes are set among the hillsides of the beautiful ozarks.  The back porches sport breathtaking views of lush green trees and vegetation.  If you ever get the chance to go you definately should.  Thought I would share some pics of some of the pretty homes we saw on our visit. 














This old white house was one of my favorites.



I can just imagine what it would be like to live here with all the porches, great windows, and cozy spaces way up among the trees.






What great windows.



What great gingerbread detail work.  Oh how I wish they still made them like this!





1 comment:

  1. Hi Angie, Welcome to blogland! Thank you for sharing the pictures of Eureka Springs. The setting of this town is really lovely and the Victorian architecture is so pretty.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete