Sunday, May 2, 2010

Treasure Hunting

The best part about my recent vacation, other than seeing my family that I miss dearly, was going to all the great antique and junk shops we visited.  My favorite by far, was this little junk shop in Missouri.  It was actually closed, but we saw the owner outside piddling around, and asked if he would be willing to open up for us;  he did, and we found a few things to buy.  We noticed he had another building off to the side of the shop that looked really junky (those are the best in my book).  We inquired about it, and he stated he now simply uses it for storage.  He shared that it was very disorganized so we would have to enter at our own risk, but he would be willing to let us go inside.  He opened up the doors and wow, I was in heaven!  Talk about some great old junk!  He had old tins, boxes, vintage feed sacks, jars, alarm clocks, and much, much more.  Boy did we have a blast! 
     We also went to several little old towns off the beaten path to find treasures.  I am going to be posting all my finds in my Etsy shop over the next several weeks so go on over and take a look around.  Here is a peek at some of the things I picked up along the way that I will be posting in my Etsy shop later this evening.



Enamelware Bowl



When I saw this little old grater I felt it was destined to be a.....


Soap Dish



Neat little green rusty fly fishing tackle box



Pretty vintage bowl with grapes, a great addition for tablescapes



Love old wire baskets.  Great to hold soooo many things!



Pretty English platter with green flowers



Had funnel vision when I came across these.  Thought they would make a great...



candle holder and resting stop for some dried flowers


Got to go post these on Etsy so bye for now!  Angie 




2 comments:

  1. Great Finds! Love your blog....I have my magnet from your etsy store on the fridge! Can't wait to order the candles...your definately one of my etsy favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to win your Charm giveaway. Those little blocks and that box really caught my eye!

    ReplyDelete