Sunday, July 4, 2010

New Finds

I absolutely looooove shopping for new finds for the shop. I have found however, that the searching itself can become an addictive process. I tell myself I will go to one specific place to look. Then I decide maybe I should head over to just one more place to have a look around. Before I know it, it turns out to be hours of treasure hunting. I just can't help myself. I keep thinking about opening up an antique booth. There are alot of large finds I run across that are really great bargains. There is actually a new antique mall that just opened up in our area that is in great need of vendors. It's very anxiety provoking for me though. Especially in this economy. I don't mean to be pessimistic but the booth rent is expensive and I don't know how in the world vendors even cover their space much less make a profit. It seems like the way to go would be to have another person go into the business with me.  Unfortunately, my sisters live more than a thousand miles away and none of my friends share my passion for antiques. I guess for know I will just have to stick with my online shop. One leap I think I will take is to post an ad of my online store in Somerset Life magazine. I LOVE this mag! Hopefully it will help to increase my sales. It's worth a try. Never been too much of a risk taker. Gotta work on that one! Anyway, here are some finds I found recently on my recent treasure hunts.


I love old ads. Found this beauty at a Flea Market. $20.95



 
Isn't this old box beautiful? I found it at an antique shop. $14.95



This is an estate sale find. Silver is always so elegant looking.
Sold




Lil' old scoop. These are so great for sugar, flour, pet food or potpourri.
$7.95  




Such a pretty old creamer. So dainty looking.
$10.95 




I love the worn patina of old tins. I think they look
so great displayed on a shelf in the kitchen or filled with dried flowers.
$12.95 




This bowl has a very English look to me. I found her at a Flea Market.
$16.95




I fell in love with the buttery colored, worn finish on this old silverware tray. It is really
hard to let it go. I thought it would look so great as a small shelf.
$14.95




I thought I would start combining some things to sell together.
These would be a neat addition to a mixed media project
and they are housed in a silver plated small cup. 
$9.95




I found this old scoop in a shop off of the beaten path in Arkansas.
The vendor said it was used to scoop and measure strawberries. 
I thought it would be a great piece to add to a vignette. 
$15.95 


I hope you guys enjoy a safe and fun Fourth of July!

           -Angie





9 comments:

  1. Hi Angie: I could have written your post! Love shopping, love selling and I am afraid to take a leap in a brick and mortar store in this economy.

    Your finds are darling. LOVE the scoop!!

    Roselle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great finds! I love them all. But I think the first one, the sign, is my fave.
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. You found some lovely treasures Angie, I love both of the scoops you found. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful things, Angie!

    I hope you're having a wonderful and safe 4th!
    Hugs,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angie,
    Thanks for leaving me a great comment, it brought me to your beautiful blog. Boy your picture on your banner is amazing. Love it all. I am going to go over & check out your shop as several of the items you showed are just what I love, ie the box, the divided box & the rusty scoop. Lisa
    PS I think that Somerset Life ads would be a great idea for you. Your stuff fits right in. Use that banner for sure, it caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love your finds. You have a good eye.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Booth spaces are SO high . Maybe put an ad on Craigslist for like minded antiques dealers that would share a booth with you. Split four ways would be more affordable. A really small booth ,6'x8',around here(NE) is at least $100.00 a month, sometimes more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi!
    Do you sell (lil' old scoop) and send to Denmark?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Play Bazaar If you cannot do this, use fluorescent lights. Remember that your plants need up to sixteen hours Satta King of light every day.

    ReplyDelete